I love building things.
I have loved building things for as long as I can remember.
If it wasn’t Lego, it was about drawing a computer on a sheet of paper or building a spaceship out of furniture.
Software development is very much about building stuff. But there are many aspects of software development. Coding is of course a corner stone in software development. But even though coding itself is important and fun, other aspects are equally fun, important and challenging.
Because of this I have chosen to work with software development from several different perspectives:
- Writing code (obviously)
- Leading teams (people and project aspect)
- Product management (strategic aspect)
- Software architecture (craftsmanship aspect)
I currently work as Senior IT Developer at Nordea, in the Financial Anti-Crime area.
- Taking the lead when exploring new areas
- See simple solutions buried within complicated problems
- Connecting people with different backgrounds.
- Thinking ahead of time to capture opportunities and avoiding pitfalls.
- Experiment, prototype and adapt to changing needs rather than making big plans
- Go "all in" with a few things rather than having many things ongoing at the same time.
Hobbies in other areas
- Photo, video, animation, making movies.
Also, please take a look at Per Ekskog at LinkedIn.
© Per Ekskog, 2016